« more good dark chocolate news! |
| calvin's dad explains the world »
From AARP and Streetfilms...
06:40 in General Commentary, transportatiaon | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451b54669e20168eabfb214970c
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference public transportation and seniors:
"It's a pleasure to be able to say I live in Arlington," said the little old rich lady. "And the sign said, 'Long haired freaky people need not apply.'"
"In 2010, there were an estimated 90,842 residences in the county. In 2000, the median single family home price was $262,400. About 123 homes were worth $1 million or more. In 2008, the median home was worth $586,200. 4,721 houses, about 10% of all stand-alone homes, were worth $1 million or more."
So AARP is describing how the top 1% or so of Americans might live more happily, but what about the other 99%, many who dare not set foot on crumbled sidewalk or weeded path for fear of being robbed, or shot or stabbed to death, or breathing polluted air that will surely shorten their lives by years?
Compare Arlington with the http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/03/median-home-price-in-detroit-7500/
I wonder what percentage of folks in these cities would find AARP's video on Public Transportation and Seniors enlightening.
My momma one said we live in a land of plenty, and you can be anything you want to be. Yes, that was the American Dream http://www.amazon.com/The-American-Myth-Success-Horatio/dp/0252060431 But today? By today's standards, founders of our Great Nation were among the richest on earth. http://www.amazon.com/Democratic-American-Constitution-Second-Edition/dp/0300095244 Whom did they have in mind as they penned those Great Words? Abraham Lincoln once said, "...Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." It seems that we have lost sight of who those people are. http://www.paradigmpublishers.com/books/BookDetail.aspx?productID=98654 Now the captain sits in his http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/c/counting_house.asp while this Great Nation drifts toward the rocks.
April 26, 2012 at 09:07
This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.
The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.
As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.
Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.
Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.
(You can use HTML tags like <b> <i> and <ul> to style your text.)
(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)
Name is required to post a comment
Please enter a valid email address